Facebook Ads vs. Boost a Post
I wanted to take some time and further explain what so many business owners or their marketing people are confused over. Below is a DIRECT article from Facebook. I figured this was important to know as it came from them so there is no bias.
From Facebook below:
What’s a boosted post?
A boosted post is a post to your Page’s timeline that you can apply money to in order to boost it to an audience of your choosing. This is the simplest way to advertise on Facebook. Boosted posts differ from Facebook ads because they are not created in Ads Manager and don’t have all of the same customization features.
When you boost a post, it’ll show up in your audience’s Facebook News Feed as an ad. You can also select Instagram as an ad placement for your boosted post. You can choose a post that’s already present on your Page’s timeline and boost it by following only a few steps. When you boost a post, you’ll tell us 3 things:
- Who you want to reach: you’ll pick a target audience of the type of people you want to connect with
- Your max budget: you’ll tell us exactly how much you want to spend over the course of your entire campaign
- How long you want to run your ad: once you click Boost and your ad is approved, people in your target audience will see your ad in their News Feed for the duration you’ve set
So now you decide to hire APG Local and take facebook ads to a whole new level.
So let’s talk about that, from Facebook directly below
What more can I do with Facebook Ads?
- Choose different ad placements: When you boost a post, you’ll be able to check or uncheck whether or not you want to place your ad in Instagram in addition to Facebook mobile and desktop News Feed. With Facebook ads, you get the added benefit of choosing placements in Facebook News Feed side ads, Messenger ads, Instagram stories, instant articles, and Audience Network.
- Use specific ad objectives: Choosing an ad objective early on will help you to focus on which campaign type best aligns with your current business goals. Boosted posts allows you to focus on website clicks, Page engagement and local business promotions, but the full ads system in Ads Manager lets you choose objectives like store traffic, conversions, and lead generation. You can also create and manage ads through the Ads Manager mobile app.
- Maintain creative control: With Facebook Ads created through Ads Manager, you can design an ad that fits your goals. Create carousel ads, add specific descriptions and add a call-to-action button that’ll drive more of your audience to take action. These are only a few of the creative and formatting options available in Ads Manager that aren’t available when boosting a post from your Page.
- Use advance targeting capabilities: Boosting posts let you decide on interests, age and gender for your ad targeting. This helps you reach people who most likely care about your business. With Facebook ads, you can use more advanced tools to create overlapping audience types, lookalike audiences and more.
Why yell from the window at cars driving by when you can sit on the hood or even better make the street come right back to your business front doorAndy Entrekin, Founder APG Local
Multiple Ads and Multiple Audiences
At APG Local we can use Pixel(s) technology and utilize these tools to keep potential leads engaged within Facebook news feed or bring the potential lead back to your site. With our Agency we have unlimited access to the Facebook environment and can laser focus campaigns on a hyper local basis. This is complicated and does take time and talent and is typically laborious on our behalf. The side effect from this is MOST other agencies will not even deal with Facebook advertising just for this exact reason, it takes too much time and time is profit for them.